The old Biloxi Public Library is one-and-a-half stories with a full basement, gable-front, stucco building. It has decorated, capped curvilinear parapets on the east and west elevations. Reached by a grand stairway with twin flights, the entrance is lavishly embellished with a round arch transom, twisted columns, embellished spandrels, and a full entablature surmounted by a robust cartouche and finials. The windows on the north and south elevations and on the facade are flanked by scroll consoles at their bases. Windows are double-hung and in an eight-over-eight glazing configuration with four-light transoms. A highly decorative frieze panel is positioned over the side door. This lovely old structure was designed by Carl E. Metthes in 1925. It’s architectural style. Spanish Colonial Revival Mission, is the finest example of this style in Biloxi.
Address: 124 Lameuse Street