The Landmark Building is believed to be the original site of the Hancock County Courthouse. The Landmark Building is a National Register property overlooking historic Main Street in old town Bay St Louis.
The house was originally a pair of 19th century Acadian cottages, a Creole Cottage and a small shotgun style house, which were combined into a single dwelling in the 1850’s. The home was long known as the Mauffray Boarding House after the Mauffray family who took in seasonal visitors.
In the fall of 2002, Stella LeGardeur and Michael Eastham came to the Gulf Coast in search of a home and restaurant finding both in the former Mauffray boarding house. The traditional setting with its mature oak trees providing shade to the screened porch and patio areas, had been a restaurant since the 1970’s, and the couple named The Sycamore House in honor of Michael’s grandmother whose British home of the same name was a source of inspiration and joy to him as a child.
Address: 210 Main Street
City: Bay St. Louis
Accessibility: accessible ramp in back; accessible bathroom