The Hancock Bank Building is a beautiful, two-story building at the foot of downtown Bay St. Louis. Travelers along the beach road pass by it on their way east or west.
A State Historic Marker in front reads as follows:
“HANCOCK COUNTY BANK
Hancock County Bank opened on October 9, 1899. Weeks later the bank’s board of directors purchased this property at the corner of Main Street and Beach Boulevard as the site of a new headquarters. Bay St. Louis’s first two-story brick building, the bank was constructed by John T. McDonald and completed in September 1900. The building later housed a post office and a United States Customs office. It was renovated after suffering extensive damage from Hurricane Camille in 1969 and Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
Mississippi Department of Archives and History, 2013”
Address: 100 S Beach Blvd.
City: Bay St. Louis
Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri 9:00am-5:30pm, Sat 9:00am-12:00pm
Accessibility: wheelchair accessible sidewalk; no public bathroom