Fort Maurepas was established in 1699 on the east side of Biloxi Bay in what is now known as Ocean Springs by Pierre Le Moyne, sieur d’Iberville. It is a four-sided fort with pointed bastions at each corner, mounting 12 guns. A moat/ditch and external redans provided additional protection.
The area is now a park and offers grilling, splash pad for children, picnic stations and a small amphitheater. While visiting, one can see the Seaman Memorial which is dedicated to those Mississippi Merchant Mariners who served their country during peace and war.
Address: Front Beach
City: Ocean Springs
Contact Phone: 228.875.4236
Accessibility: accessible ramps; accessible bathroom; accessible sidewalks