The U.S. Post Office and Customhouse in Gulfport, Mississippi was built in 1910. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on March 19, 1984. The building is also known as Downtown Station and as Old Main Post Office. It reflects Late 19th and 20th Century Revivals architecture and Second Renaissance Revival architecture. It has served historically as a customhouse and as a post office. The building was offered for sale in 2010. The U.S. Post Office sits on 1 acre in downtown Gulfport and still serves as the Gulfport Downtown Post Office.
James Knox Taylor (Moore, George E., & Sons) is listed as Architect. Taylor was the Supervisor Architect of the United States Department of Treasury from 1897-1912. He is listed as Supervising Architect of hundreds of Federal Building during this period.
Address: 2421 13th Street
Accessibility: wheelchair accessible ram; no public bathroom